In the 11 years since claiming to be out of the Church of Scientology, Mike Rinder has never once exposed any act that would put David Miscavige into criminal jeopardy, despite 3 seasons of a TV show that claimed they wanted a federal investigation.
Yet Rinder has exposed no criminal acts even though he has been out with access to a blog every day. And yet he ran all fair game for David Miscavige as the Commanding Officer OSA for 22 years.
Rinder has also lied and distracted about his career in Scientology. But in court filings, where he can’t lie, this is what he said he did in Scientology:
“For most of the time between 1982 and 2007 I was a senior official in the Church of Scientology International (CSI), the so-called mother church of Scientology. I was on the Board of Directors of CSI from its inception in 1982 until I left in 2007.’
“During the majority of the time between 1982 and 2007 I was the most senior official within CSI responsible for “external affairs”, meaning government and media relations, investigations and intelligence operations, as well as all litigation and contract matters. This function is performed by the Office of Special Affairs (“OSA”) and I was the head of OSA for most of this time.“
– Mike Rinder Texas Declaration
The most criminally insane area of the Church of Scientology is its International base. And the area in the most immediate vicinity around David Miscavige has been described as its most criminal. And the Office of Special Affairs is the execution arm of that criminality.
So why has Mike Rinder – in 12 years of being “out” – never revealed a crime?
Hypothesis Testing for “Why Has Mike Rinder Never Revealed a Crime?”
I’ll list all the explanations, or hypotheses that have tried to answer this very important question for the last 12 years.
You can assign a probability level to each one – if you like.
Please add any that I might have missed.
- The NO CRIME Hypothesis: Marty Mike and Dave didn’t commit any crimes. 11 top Scientologists, including Hubbard’s own wife, had been convicted of felonies and sent to prison. They’d learned their lesson. There were no crimes to report.Probability level:
- The SCIENTOLOGY/GOVERNMENT Hypothesis: Mike HAS reported all kinds of crimes – he went to the FBI 11 years ago. But because of pay-offs, underhanded dealings and other conspiracies, the government will do nothing about them.Probability Level:
- The LIMITED HANGOUT Hypothesis: Because of the billions of dollars at stake for Scientology, David Miscavige and Mike Rinder worked out an “ALL CLEAR UNIT” kind of project where Mike would wind everyone up on moral outrages, but constantly steer everyone away from any criminal activity that might bring subpeonae, forensic accounting etc. Miscavige has the money to handle any civil suit, what they can’t handle is criminal indictments.Probability Level:
- The MIKE WAS IN THE HOLE Hypothesis: Mike was just a former spokesman for the Church of Scientology, never ran any OSA fair game ops, especially any criminal ones. So while there may be criminal activity to discover, Mike was always in the Hole or practicing speeches into the mirror, and didn’t know about them.Probability Level:
- The TOO HARD TO PROSECUTE Hypothesis: Mike has revealed all the crimes he knows about, but because of the 1st amendment and lack of smoking guns on them, plus prosecutorial ethics, no charges have been filed.Probability Level:
- The CYA Hypothesis: Mike knows about all kinds of crimes, but because of his own exposure to prosecution, he’s not talking.Probability Level:
- The MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION Hypothesis: Miscavige and Rinder were up to their neck in criminal activity, but if one goes to the coppers, the other will too. So they’re both quiet.Probability Level:
Did I miss any?
If you think this list is complete, assign a probability level to each one and state why you ranked it that way.
If you can think up another explanation for this odd behavior from Mike Rinder, tells us in the comments below.